From 30/03/2020, Banyo Clinic will be offering bulk billed phone-based and video-link consultations for all patients who do not need to present to the clinic for clinical observation.
If you need further information regarding our phone/ video consultation services, please phone the clinic on 3267 5088 for clarification.
Should I be having a phone or video consult?
- If you have not had a face-to-face appointment at the clinic in the last 12 months, you are required to book an in-person appointment instead.
- Phone or video consults are appropriate for patients with problems that do not require clinical examination (e.g. certain scripts, referrals, general advice)
- If you are acutely ill and/or need to have a clinical examination, it may be more appropriate to come to the clinic for assessment
- Also please note you may still require presentation to the clinic for assessment after a phone or video consultation should your condition require clinical or physical assessment.
What happens after I’ve booked a phone/ video appointment?
- When booking your appointment, please ensure your phone number and email address are up to date.
- Video consults only – you will be sent an email, which you will need to reply to in order to provide consent for the telehealth consultation to proceed. You will be sent a link for the web-based telehealth consult at the agreed consultation time.
- The doctor will phone or begin the online audio-visual consultation as close to the agreed time as possible.
- If you do not answer after a couple of attempts, you may need to reschedule your appointment.
What if I need a script or referral?
- If you have been to the clinic within the last 6 weeks , it may be possible to request a continuing script or continuing referral with no consult of any type. Prescriptions that have not been prescribed from this clinic previously or new referrals will require a consult. Please phone reception on 32675088 to arrange this request. Please note that our standard fee for a script or referral with no consult at all incurs an $11 fee.
- If you have not been to the clinic within the last 2 months, you will need to organise an appointment with your GP: either phone, video or in-person.
- Tufnell Rd Pharmacy can fill your script and deliver your medication directly to you at no extra charge (they will phone ahead to confirm those details); or
- You can request an alternative script collection arrangement
- REFERRALS will be sent directly to the specialist or allied health professional service.